Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Let The Journey Begin....

Another life journey, another blog.
All my life I have dabbled in some kind of craft. I feel a need to do something with my hands, to reproduce, to create.
Can I draw, can I paint ? Well...no, but I want to!
I have started going to life drawing classes and enjoy the quick sketches we are required to produce in 20 seconds. Free, easy lines. I find when I have to spend too long on a sketch that my drawings become too 'tight'. Too wrong!
I have also joined the Everyday Matters Group . My idea behind this was to stretch myself by undertaking the weekly drawing challenge and drawing something I otherwise would not have. So, between EDM and the life drawing class I will be drawing at least a couple of times a week. Not all my efforts will find their way onto these pages, don't want to embarrass myself THAT much.
Here are a couple of drawings from my first life drawing class.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,

I'm Christine, also. To me your drawings look pretty good for someone who claims they can't draw! I wouldn't mind taking a life class. I've taken some years ago--they're good practice.

marieJ' said...

Christine....wish I could say I was this good, especially with figure drawing.....never done one but years back chaperoned my dd to one for her year 12 project.
Yes, requirement was to come with chaperon to a nude drawing class!! Figure that one!!
Welcome to the group.

marieJ' Melb.