Monday, January 29, 2007


I think the flower collaged canvas is done. It started with the vision of a pale background, with an inked or sepia toned botanical type sketch. Mmmm..along the way things changed somewhat...



I have also decided for various reasons that this will be the last posting in this blog. All future art works will be posted on my other blog . I think there will be a cross over between the more traditional painting type artwork and my textile artwork. These last 2 canvases combined many techniques, including a pasted scrunched tissue paper background and a background collage of magazine clippings. By having 2 blogs I feel I am drawing a distinction between art & craft which I don't feel comfortable with. I know that in the future as these 2 fields (of more traditional art and fibre/textile art) merge I will have to make a choice as to which blog they belong on. In the long run it is just so much easier to keep one blog.

No comments: