Friday, January 12, 2007

Yes, I am still here; yes I have been a slack blogger.


I am blaming the end of year madness, the finish of my Life Drawing class for the year, the Christmas/New Year happenings & the kids being at home on school holidays.


I was very lucky to receive lots of arty goodies for Christmas. I got my easel, a few books and some new materials. So, no more excuses.


One present to myself was The Artists Way. I was a bit dubious, doubting I can commit to any 12 step program; and wondering if perhaps it was too "out there" for me in terms of concepts. However, it kept coming up. Presenting itself to me at every opportunity. I read more about it and decided there was only one way to know if this program is for me. I have bought the book (well 2 copies actually, but that is another story!) and started Week 1. Week 2 will start tomorrow. I have kept up with the morning pages. I even had my Artists Date this week. So far so good, although some of the other activities in week one escaped me so I will read back over them and perhaps address them also in Week 2.


Wanting to try different mediums I have purchased a set of acrylics and started on a canvas. Lots of work still to be done. And, of course, as with most creative process, it is developing along different lines to what I had first invisaged. Here is a sneak peek. Hopefully, one day, I can reveal more.



No comments: